- Keep your vase filled with water! All flower and foliage stems should be submerged. …
- If your flowers came in a basket or other container with foam, add fresh water every day.
- Immediately remove dead or wilting leaves and stems from fresh flower arrangements.
- Watch your water.
5 Steps To Keep Your Flowers Lasting Longer
- Step 1: Add 1 quart warm water to a clean vase.
- Step 2: Pour 2 Tbsp sugar into the water. …
- Step 3: Add 2 Tbsp white vinegar and stir well. …
- Step 4: Remove all lower leaves from flowers so there won’t be any in the water.
- Step 5: Cut 1 to 2 inches off the stems at an angle while they are under water.